Sunday 24 April 2016

What is Research

As designers, ideas are our tool of trade. Ideas could be generated with 3 pronged approach which are stimulated approach, systematic approach intuitive approach. Knowing these approaches has helped me a lot in coming up with ideas for the concepts of my animation. It gives me idea on how I generate my idea: I often leave out the systematic approach for the last to refine the idea that comes from stimulated and intuitive approach as systematic approach will spark off an internal dialogue regarding the effectiveness of the preceding ideas.

After having the lecture, I ponder about my personal struggle in finding the right method to realise my idea because I am more of a thinker rather than a doer. If I got an idea at the back of my head, I continuously think about how can I realise it better, yet not trying out possibilities through experimenting. Therefore, I am always stuck on the thinking phase, deciding which medium to use for my animation. The moment I finally decide which medium that I'd like to use is usually close to the deadline. Luckily, the lecture helped me identify this bad habit of mine. I decided to work on this weakness to make myself more prolific, although I have only improved by a little. In addition, the lecture has proposed a methodology which helped me organise how I arrange my sketchbook so that it accounts thorough account of the concepts that I have been researching on. I usually started off by analysing the brief, list down sets of things I need to research on, research on these things online. Afterwards, I critically analyse what should I add or omit to have a solid idea which will be made into a final product which resolves the brief.


No comments:

Post a Comment